Google just announced Adsense Auto Ads, as Google’s AdSense is one of the most used ad networks by all the publishers and this number is still growing, Google has also started to make ads more beautiful and easy to use and making it optimized, here you’ll learn how to implement Google Adsense auto ads.
As this Ad is served on the millions of the websites and gets impressions in billions it is very important for the company to make usage and convenience so that new Publishers can Benefit from it.
Around 87.6% of Googles revenue comes from the advertising business, and AdSense is one of the major parts of it and Google really takes it seriously.
What is Google Adsense Auto Ads
A few months back Google rolled out the new ad format GOOGLE ADSENSE AUTO ADS the name suggests that it’s an auto ad and there is no need of placement of ads to the particular place of your website and it takes a long time to fix place of a particular Ad now you can just put only one code in Header section of your website.
These ads are not new it was rolled for few users for beta testing and slowly it was released for all Publishers. Auto ads use the Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to place ads on the website, and it’s ad placements are Dynamic i.e. it keeps on changing depending on the user and the ads show to different places for different users it’ll increase the revenue(as on paper).
User Experience with Adsense Auto Ads
Many people have used this and there are very few Positive reviews and as this uses ML and AI it needs some time to learn about your website, then it can place ads properly on your website.
But there’s not everything on in this as this needs some time to learn about your website and sometimes it overfills the site with the ads and which result to bad user experience and which lead to losing a customer or the potential customer.
I have used Auto ads once on my site and this lead to around 30% decline in the revenue and I used this for around the month, and it started recovering slowly but, I was not happy with this as this gave my user bad experience while using my website, and for mobile user it was worst every page was filled with ads.
But not all users suffered some have seen significant growth on their websites, and they have given the positive review and its surely be used by all the Publishers.
Pros and Cons of Adsense Auto Ads
- Optimization: Using machine learning, Auto ads show ads only when they are likely to perform well and provide a good user experience.
- Revenue opportunities: Auto ads will identify any available ad space and place new ads there, potentially increasing your revenue.
- Easy to use: With Auto ads, you only need to place the ad code on your pages once. When you’re ready to use new features and ad formats, simply turn them on and off with the flick of a switch — there’s no need to change the code again.
- Inconsistency: Yes when you implement these ads on your website you’re website is filled with a lot of ads for users and for few, there aren’t any ads shown.
- Less control over Ads: You have very less control over ads placement as all the ads are placed Automatically, as there are Best Ads Placement Layouts, you cannot place it where you want and sometimes it places ads on the particular space which annoys the user.
How to Add AdSense Auto ads to your website and implement Google Adsense auto ads Best Way
It is very easy to add Auto ads to any website you’ll just have to Ad code in the header of your website.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, visit My ads and select Get Started.
- On the “Choose your global settings” page, select the ad formats that you’d like to show and click Save.
- On the next page, click Copy code.
- Paste the ad code between the < head > and </ head > tags of each page where you want to show Auto ads.
- Auto ads will start to appear on your pages in about 15-20 minutes.
Note: Always use TTI (Test Try Implement) method, so that it will not affect your revenue.
This is the great effort by Google to simplify the ad Placement for Publishers but it is still not perfect and there’s a long way to go.
Everyone should at least try it once and should continue for a couple of weeks and also keep an eye on Adsense Analytics if this shows improvements that are great and should continue and if you Don’t see any difference or Revenue decreased you should remove it.
Note: Once you implement Auto Ads, initially there may be fall in revenue (don’t worry it’ll be slight change)